Certificate in Foundations of Working with Companies and Other Organisations.
How a consulting and goal-focused approach can enhance therapeutic practice in an organisational context.
Part of the TGPatwork Onsite Coaching Accreditation (TGPatwork is the Organisational Practice of The Grove)
The Certificate in Foundations of Working with Companies and Other Organisations is a dynamic new course designed for qualified counsellors, psychotherapists or psychologists who would like to be successful in approaching, consulting, contracting with and working in companies or organisations and/or develop specific consulting and coaching-based skills that support a fundamental therapeutic approach with employees and/or leaders of organisations. The course has been designed to meet a growing demand for mental health practitioners within Companies and Other Organisations and to enhance the skills of practitioners working with work-related issues.
The course is offered as a CPD programme (Continuous Professional Development). It is not a certified qualification as such; rather, it is designed as evidence of having taken additional specialised training in working and consulting in companies – to equip professionals with relevant knowledge and models which also support a culture of good mental health within an organisation. This course will take some of the best practice drawing from the fields of Psychotherapy, Positive Psychology, Coaching and NLP.
- The starting point of the course requires that participants have competence in core therapeutic or coaching skills.
- All students must have qualified as a counsellor, psychotherapist, clinical psychologist, psychiatrist, or coach, evidenced by a qualification certificate/diploma/degree and current membership of a professional body with a code of ethics, such as BACP, UKCP, ACUK or EMCC or ICF.
- The course assumes an understanding of the core principles of establishing safety, contracting and containment in therapy or coaching.
- This course allows for the award of a Certificate in Foundations of Working with Companies and Other Organisations
- 12 hours of CPD (Continuous Professional Development).
- Eligible to join the TGP Onsite Coaching Team, subject to application criteria being met.
This course will give you:
- The skills and confidence to take a consultative approach with a company around a therapeutic engagement.
- The skills to identify goals for employees and leaders.
- Talk about the importance of good mental health in companies.
- Understanding models and approaches to leadership and management that encourage and support wellbeing in employees.
- Toolkit for troubleshooting common issues / problems at work (saying no, public speaking, management issues, resilience, feedback)
- An award that permits, subject to other criteria, application to the TGP Onsite Coaching Team and possible subsequent work as a TGP Coach with partner and client companies.
- Become part of a network of professionals with an interest in workplace mental health.
- Comprehensive handouts, worksheets to use in practice.
Certificate in Foundations of Working with Companies and Other Organisations
Dates: Friday 18th & Saturday 19th September 2020 (12 CPD hours)
Times: 10am – 5pm
Venue: The Marylebone Hotel, London W1 or TOG, 91 Wimpole Street W1, or other central London venue
Fee: £650 + VAT = £780 for the 2-day weekend, payable in full before the start date or by 2 instalments of £390, as long as the total is reached by 31 August 2020. The course fee includes all training materials, a CPD-certificate and catering.
Core Tutor: Phil Hayes – Phil has over 30 years’ experience of working in the leadership development and executive coaching fields, he is a successful author, speaker and facilitator. He has worked with organisations as diverse as Dyson, The BBC, Nissan, Nutmeg, Southampton FC, Saracens Rugby, and the NHS and himself held several senior posts including the Head of Management training at the BBC. Phil is a qualified counsellor and social worker, holds an MA in Management Learning and is an NLP Master Practitioner. He is the founding Director and Chairman of Management Futures Consulting Limited.
Host and Tutor: Robert Rees – Robert is a UKCP-Accredited Psychotherapist, Qualified Executive Coach, Director of The Grove Practice and co-founder of TGPatwork, The Grove’s organisational practice. Robert has worked with a broad range of companies using therapeutic practice in industries such as consumer healthcare and beauty, technology, media and finance. He is an advocate for good mental health practices in the workplace. He is committed to helping companies improve their recognition and delivery of management practices that promote good mental health. He has led a team in a FTSE 100 company and worked for 20 years in the financial industry.
Course materials and a reading list will be provided
The course has been designed to meet a growing demand for mental health practitioners within Companies and Other Organisations, equipping participants with enhanced skills to engage with work-related issues.
The Certificate in working with Companies and Other Organisations is a dynamic new course designed for qualified counsellors, psychotherapists or psychologists who would like to be able to successfully approach, consult, contract with and work in Companies or Organisations and/or develop specific consulting and Coaching based skills that support a fundamental therapeutic approach with employees and/or leaders.
✓ Theory ✓ Experiential components ✓ Skills Practice
This course is for you, if you would like:
- confidence to work in a company helping employees and leaders with their mental health.
- improved skills around engaging with work-place-related issues.
- understand organisational dynamics and how a consulting and coaching methodology can provide a valuable overlay to an existing therapeutic training.
- to be part of a movement that aims to bring best practice into the heart of a workplace helping build better working lives.
- The organisational context
- Gaining entry and consulting skills
- When and how to use a solution or coaching approach
- Skills practice
- Goal setting and challenge
- Management models and tools
- Planning your next steps
Assessment & Certificate
Learning is absorbed by attendance and participation on the course. There is no assessment other than attendance and participation. Although a reading list is provided, there is no formal requirement for further reading – although additional reading is recommended to enhance your professional development subsequent to the course. We also recommend that anyone undertaking work with Organisations has suitable Supervision arrangements in place.
Phil has over 30 years’ experience of working in the leadership development and executive coaching fields. He is motivated by getting to the heart of what it takes to enable individuals and teams to progress to their fullest potential and ambition. He has a firm belief in the resourcefulness of people and their ability to find their way forward. He is a pragmatist who aims to bring coaching and other management development techniques into the real world to meet real needs. He is particularly interested in assisting individuals and organisations to achieve high performance and in the creation of productive working environments.
Phil has been Operations Director at the Brathay Hall Trust and Head of Management Training for the BBC. As a founding director he is currently Chairman at Management Futures Consulting Ltd. Phil has experience of working as a trainer and coach abroad; he has a particular interest in cultural issues in the workplace.
Phil holds an MA in Management Learning and is an NLP Master Practitioner and qualified counsellor and social worker.
Phil has published two successful books: ‘NLP Coaching’, Open University Press 2006 and ‘Leading and Coaching Teams to Success’, Open University Press 2011. He is a regular conference speaker and has contributed to coaching and leadership discussions in the press and on radio.
He works at the most senior levels and his current client list is comprised of UK ambassadors, media heads, and leaders from organisations as diverse as Dyson, The BBC, Nissan, Nutmeg, Southampton FC, Saracens Rugby, and the NHS.
Robert is a UKCP-Accredited Psychotherapist, Qualified Executive Coach, Director of The Grove Practice and co-founder of TGPatwork, The Grove’s organisational practice. Robert has worked with a broad range of companies using therapeutic practice in industries such as consumer healthcare and beauty, technology, media and finance. He is an advocate for good mental health practices in the workplace. He is committed to helping companies improve their recognition and delivery of management practices that promote good mental health. He has led a team in a FTSE 100 company and worked for 20 years in the financial industry.
Applicants are expected to be qualified and experienced professionals in a helping profession, who are secure in their mode of practice. This will be covered in the application form. All applicants are expected to:
- be qualified and experienced in their field,
- be full members of their professional body (such as but not limited to BACP, UKCP, BPS, AHPP, NCP, NCS, ACC )
- hold professional liability insurance
- have supervision arrangements in place for their client work as well as access to support for any supervision practice they undertake during the course.
Diversity and Respect Statement
The Grove is committed to the provision of training which is inclusive for participants from a diverse range of professional and cultural backgrounds. The Grove’s diversity policy upholds participation by trainees which respects differences in ability and disability, age, sex, gender diversity, race, religion, culture, and theoretical modality. The Grove’s course terms and conditions provide for each participant being seen, heard and respected during their attendance at course events. These terms are shown in the course contract which every applicant is expected to sign when enrolling; and are described in the course handbook at the start of the training. Any participant may be suspended from the course if their behaviour is deemed by The Grove to be contrary to this statement.
Testimonials from previous participants on The Grove's other courses:
I enjoyed the course and feel that it offers a really comprehensive training that embraced many aspects of therapy and prepared me well for my future both counselling and supervising so please pass on my thanks to Glenn and all the other tutors.
Can I say a huge thank you again to you both for a brilliant course, I learned so much and am using that new knowledge on a daily basis in the course of my work as a clinical supervisor of healthcare professionals.